NOTICE: While generally acceptable for the over 14 crowd, there may be some sensitive topics now and then.
When you try and describe this show, it quickly sounds like you’re making something up. The concept is that Bo is a bisexual, polyamorous Succubus who gets her powers from sex. Her ‘true love’ is Lauren, a doctor ‘owned’ by the Fae. Bo was ‘lost’ — a Fae who was never in the fold as it were, and now has to chose if she’s light or dark Fae.
This naturally brings about a war and everything goes sideways. There are werewolves, drugs, sex scenes, and everything you could possibly come up with. The show is positively fun and hilarious and engaging. Tongue in cheek in the best possible way, it’s a perfect mix of goofy fun and serious drama.
Queer Plotline Timeline
Bo sleeps with anything that moves. Lauren sleeps with women. You’ll figure this out. In the end, Bo and Lauren are a couple and we rejoiced.
Notable Queer-Centric Episodes
- Season 1, Episode 8 "Vexed" - Lauren seduces Bo.
- Season 2, Episode 6 "It's Better to Burn Out Than Fae Away" - Lauren and Bo kinda move in together
- Season 3, Episode 1 "Caged Fae" - Bo says 'I Love You' to Lauren and tries to be monogamous
- Season 3, Episode 8 "Fae-ge Against The Machine" - Bo and Tamsin kiss; Bo and Lauren take a break
- Season 4, Episode 5 "Let the Dark Times Roll" - Bo and Lauren are back ; Lauren doesn't want to be Bo's property (it's a fae thing)
- Season 4, Episode 8 "Groundhog's Fae" - Bo and Tamsin are stuck in a time loop and, in one iteration at least, have sex
- Season 4, Episode 12 "Origins" - Lauren seduces the Dark Fae queen, Evony, and turns her human by application of a drug via her vagina.
There are 7 queer characters listed for this show; 2 are dead.