The show is about a lawyer name Alicia Florrick (played by Julianna Margulies) who returns to work after her politician husband is caught in a sex scandal. Think of all those wives in the 2000s dutifully standing by their husbands at a podium while they apologize for their “inappropriate behavior.” That’s how the show starts, but that focus soon fades as it turns into a well written and intriguing law drama.
Archie Panjabi plays Kalinda Sharma, the foxy, emotionally guarded, bisexual, mysterious, in-house investigator for Lockhart/Gardner, the central law firm on the show.
I love Kalinda and her knee-high boots. She is not the relationship type and often sleeps with people to get information along with having a good time, but she is a fantastic character. Kalinda is bisexual, but she is involved with more women than men on the show overall.
Sadly, Kalinda was written out of the show for reasons relating to Juliana Margulies (the star of the show and titular Good Wife) not liking her. It’s exactly as torrid as it sounds.
The sequel show, The Good Fight, doesn’t have Kalinda, but is even gayer.
Queer Plotline Timeline
Starting with Season 1, Episode 8 “Unprepared” – you start to get clued in that Kalinda likes the ladies when FBI agent Lana Delaney (Jill Flint) first appears on the show. She eventually becomes the woman Kalinda first becomes involved with on the show. She sleeps with various women from there on out.
Notable Queer-Centric Episodes
- Season 1, Episode 8 “Unprepared” – FBI agent Lana Delaney (Jill Flint) first appears on the show. She eventually becomes Kalinda’s first lady love interest.
- Season 2, Episode 14 “Net Worth” – Lana questions Kalinda about her sexuality, from then on the audience knows Kalinda is bisexual.
- Season 2, Episode 23 “Closing Arguments” – Kalinda sleeps with law enforcement officer Sophia Russo played by Kelli Giddish. She was going to be a series regular but she landed a job on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. Bummer.
- Season 3, Episode 21 “Penalty Box” – Kalinda has an encounter with Lana and it’s really hot.
- End of Season 3 has an amazing cliffhanger that involves Kalinda and a sledgehammer. No lezbionic action, but it’s still amazing.
- Season 6, Episode 1 “The Line” – Sophia Russo is back – yay!