The show is about a lawyer named Alicia Florrick (played by Julianna Margulies) who returns to work after her politician husband is caught in a sex scandal. Think of all those wives in the 2000s dutifully standing by their husbands at a podium while they apologize for their “inappropriate behavior.” That’s how the show starts, but that focus soon fades as it turns into a well written and intriguing law drama.
Archie Panjabi plays Kalinda Sharma, the foxy, emotionally guarded, bisexual, mysterious, in-house investigator for Lockhart/Gardner, the central law firm on the show.
The show has a sequel, The Good Fight, available on CBS’s streaming service.
Queer Plotline Timeline
Starting with Season 1, Episode 8 “Unprepared” – you start to get clued in that Kalinda likes the ladies when FBI agent Lana Delaney (Jill Flint) first appears on the show. She eventually becomes the woman Kalinda first becomes involved with on the show. She sleeps with various women from there on out.
Notable Queer-Centric Episodes
- Season 1, Episode 8 "Unprepared" - FBI agent Lana Delaney (Jill Flint) first appears on the show. She eventually becomes Kalinda's first love interest.
- Season 2, Episode 14 "Net Worth" - Lana questions Kalinda about her sexuality, from then on the audience knows Kalinda is bisexual.
- Season 2, Episode 23 "Closing Arguments" - Kalinda sleeps with law enforcement officer Sophia Russo played by Kelli Giddish.
- Season 3, Episode 21 “Penalty Box” - Kalinda has an encounter with Lana.
- End of Season 3 has an amazing cliffhanger that involves Kalinda and a sledgehammer.
- Season 6, Episode 1 "The Line" - Sophia Russo is back.
There are 12 queer characters listed for this show; 1 is dead.