The second spin-off to Grey’s Anatomy. Set in Seattle, the series focuses on a group of heroic firefighters of the Seattle Fire Department at Station 19 from the captain down the ranks to the newest recruit in their personal and professional lives.
The show centers around Andy Herrera, who was practically raised at Seattle’s Station 19. She is a confident firefighter who is also the daughter of Pruitt Herrera, the formidable head of the firehouse. Capt. Pruitt was Andy’s primary inspiration to become a firefighter and is a mentor to both her and Jack Gibson, the lieutenant at the station. Jack is as fearless as Andy is by-the-books, but when the two are together, sparks fly and opposites attract.
The two are joined by Maya Bishop, Dean Miller, Travis Montgomery, Victoria Hughes, and the station’s newest addition, rookie Ben Warren. Ben is Miranda’s husband from Grey’s Anatomy. The team also works closely with Seattle PD, often running into Andy’s former flame Ryan Tanner.
Notable Queer-Centric Episodes
- Season 1 Episode 3 “Contain the Flame” – Maya, Victoria and Andy are day drinking on the porch and Victoria asks Maya, “New lady on the horizon? Spill.” Maya answers, “More like a series of ladies and gents.”
- Season 3 Episode 5 “Into the Woods” – After a flashback episode dedicated to Maya’s teen coming out story, she runs into Carina (from Grey’s Anatomy) at the local bar and they hit it off.
- Season 3 Episode 16 “Louder Than a Bomb” – After a season of highs and lows, Maya goes to Carina’s work and in a grand romantic gesture, tells her she loves her.
- Season 4 Episode 14 “Comfortably Numb” – After a very emotional #Marina-centric episode, Carina proposes and Maya says yes.
- Season 4 Episode 16 “Forever and Ever, Amen” – Maya and Carina get married!
- Season 5 Episode 7 “A House is Not a Home” – The episode of Station 19 where Maya and Carina do nothing but have sex (and talk about babies here and there).